There are lots of benefits to digging out the trainers and going for a run. Here’s our top 5:
- Keep active - Walking can help maintain a healthy weight as you focus on keeping active throughout the day. It’s great for your mental well-being too - it can help to reduce stress, lower blood pressure and give you an energy boost.
- Get outside - March is the perfect month to get outside, whether it’s morning, noon or night. Step out your house and get some fresh Spring air in those lungs of yours.
- Discover new places - You see so much more when you go for a walk compared to when you drive past places in a car. You might discover some hidden gems in your local area - what are you waiting for?
- Walk and talk - Walking doesn’t have to be done solo. Gather friends and family to safely walk with you and take on the challenge. Our Facebook group can help you connect with other walkers too.
- Help us beat prostate cancer - The money you raise taking part in our March the Month challenge will help fund lifesaving research to stop prostate cancer damaging bodies and lives.